UNS at a Glance
Being more than four decades of age, UNS continues to struggle and bear a hard mandate: to increase the nation’s intellectual life. Various activities have been carried out and many accomplishments have been achieved. Currently, UNS has grown and developed into one of the outstanding universities in Indonesia. In the future, UNS is expected to develop as a leading university in education, research and community service, both at the national level—inline with the earlier developed colleges and at the international level, as a university which is capable to act autonomously as a world class university. Currently, UNS is constantly developing itself to compete in acceleration development program in the field of: a) access equity and expand; b) improvement of quality, relevance, and competitiveness; and c) improvement of governance, accountability, and public image.
The efforts to develop UNS to be an eminent university at the international level and be advanced in science, technology and art, as mandated in UNS Vision and Mission, has a big consequence and responsibility, particularly in building a mutual commitment, which are: promoting the quality, being professional, effective, and efficient.
Various programs, policies, and activities have been continuously conducted to face the challenges of the rapid, dynamic, interdependent, and complex global change. We have to admit that the challenges in the future are much more difficult, because the development of higher education can not be separated from the rapid development of the world’s science, technology, art and culture, and economy. Those changes will eventually demand that the graduates possess reliable and competitive competencies.
On the other hand, at the moment, most of the universities in Indonesia are still facing many internal problems such as the number of regulations that have not completely accommodated the effectiveness of services, or external issues such as the quality of the graduates that have not met the needs of industrial world. In other words, not all the community expectations have been entirely and maximally actualized.
VISION, MISSIONS, AND OBJECTIVES
Becoming the excellent center of development of science, technology, and art at international level based on the noble values of the national culture.
- Conducting education and teaching program that require self-development of the lecturers and encourage students to be independent in acquiring knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- Conducting researches that lead to new discoveries in science, technology, and art.
- Organizing community service activities oriented to community empowerment.
- Creating a social environment that drives each member of the campus to be willing to learn in order to have the optimal development of self-ability;
- Generating the graduates who are devoted to God, mentally noble, intelligent, skilled, self-reliant, and as physically healthy;
- Generating new discoveries and inventions in the fields of science, technology, and art, which can be used to solve the problems in the society and to build a better life;
- Disseminating the output of education, teaching, and research in such a way that a continuous transformation toward a more modern life can be actualized;
- Discovering and developing the noble values of the national culture as one of the bases of thinking, having an attitude, and behaving in live, both inside and outside the campus;
- Developing a more civilized life institution toward having the community that is increasingly intelligent, skilled, self-reliant, democratic, peaceful, and religious;
- Supporting to have a sovereign, united, righteous, and prosperous national and statehood life; andMaking Universitas Sebelas Maret an internationally reputable university.