UNS at a Glance
Being more than four decades of age, UNS continues to strive and stand to answer the enchanted mandate: to elevate the nation’s intellectual life. Various activities have been carried out and many accomplishments have been achieved. UNS has grown and developed into one of the outstanding universities in Indonesia. Furthermore, UNS is on its way to develop as a leading university in education, research and community services, both in national level—inline with the earlier developed colleges— and in international level as a competent institution to act autonomously as a world class university. Currently, UNS is constantly developing itself to compete in acceleration development program in the field of: a) access for equity and expansion; b) improvement of quality, relevance and competitiveness; and c) improvement of governance, accountability and public image.
The efforts to develop UNS to be an eminent university in international level and advanced in science, technology and art as mandated in UNS Vision and Mission, brings a big challenge and responsibility, particularly in building mutual commitments, which are: promoting the quality and being professional, effective and efficient.
Various programs, policies and activities have been continuously conducted to face the challenges of the rapid, dynamic, interdependent and complex global change. We realize that the challenges in the future will bemore difficult yet challengingasthe development of higher education can not be separated from the rapid development of the world’s economy, science, technology, art and culture. Those changes will eventually demand our graduates to possess reliable and competitive competencies.
On the other hand, at the moment, most of the universities in Indonesia are still facing many internal problems such as the number of regulations that have not completely accommodated the effectiveness of services, or external issues such as quality of the graduates that has yet met the needs of the industries. In other words, not all the community expectations have been entirely and maximally actualized.
VISION, MISSIONS, AND OBJECTIVES
Becoming the excellent center of development for science, technology and art in international level based on the noble values of national culture.
- Conducting education and teaching program that require self-development of the lecturers and encourage students to be independent in acquiring knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- Conducting researches that lead to new discoveries in science, technology, and art.
- Organizing community service activities oriented to community empowerment.
- Creating a social environment that drives each member of the campus to be willing to learn in order to have the optimal development of self-ability;
- Generating the graduates who are devoted to God, mentally noble, intelligent, skillful, self-reliant and physically healthy;
- Generating new discoveries and inventions in the fields of science, technology and art, which can be used to solve the problems in the society and build a better life;
- Disseminating the output of education, teaching,and research in such a way that a continuous transformation toward a more modern life can be actualized;
- Discovering and developing the noble values of the national culture as one of the bases of thinking, having an attitude and behaving in life, both inside and outside the campus;
- Developing a more civilized life institution toward having the community that is increasingly intelligent, skillful, self-reliant, democratic, peaceful,and religious;
- Supporting to have a sovereign, united, righteous and prosperous national and statehood life; and
- Making Universitas Sebelas Maret an internationally reputable university.